These are my upcoming training courses and workshops
January - September 2020 (5 weekends)
Learn to teach athletes effectively and safely - aimed at yoga teachers, but also personal trainers, soft tissue workers, physios, pilates teachers etc with an interest in yoga. Five weekends starting January 2020 through to September 2020. YAP vocational Yoga in Sport accreditation. Chester (2hr direct train from London and easy road access). Click above or scroll for details below.
Practical functional anatomy, teaching to avoid injury, & dealing with the injuries people already have. Practical, hands-on, lots of Q&A, and all the anatomy you really need as a yoga teacher! 60 hour YAP Further Training course over three weekends October, November & December 2020. Chester (2hr direct train from London and easy road access). click above or scroll for details below.
Yoga for Athletes, October 26th 2019, Burton *** SOLD OUT ***
Mindfulness & Mindflow for Performance, October 27th 2019, Derby *** SOLD OUT ***
Yoga for Athletes, November 30th & December 1st 2019, Dublin **** BOTH SOLD OUT ****
Whilst you are here.... get a feel for me and my teaching (my published articles)
And about me...
YOGA ALLIANCE PROFESSIONALS 80 HOUR YOGA FOR ATHLETES & SPORT ACCREDITATION
Sarah Ramsden with Ryan Giggs for his Giggs Fitness dvd
A 5 weekend course where you will learn to work safely, confidently & successfully with athletes!
COMMENCING JANUARY 2020 TO SEPTEMBER 2020
Based Chester (easy road or 2 hour direct train from London)
This is the first course teaching the new Yoga Alliance Professioinals Yoga for Athletes & Sport vocational accreditation! Including new modules - Psychology of Working with Athletes, and Mindfulness & Mindflow for Athletes & Performance.
- Teach safely, confidently and successfully with athletes & in sport.
- Learn to assess & understand the movement restrictions / dysfunctions of an individual or group.
- Sequence & adjust confidently knowing that you are doing the absolute best for the group you are working with.
- Teach confidently using both flexibility & stability to create good movement patterns.
- Mindfluness & Mindflow for athletes and performance.
- Create positive professional working relations & results with athletes & medical / conditioning staff.
- RYT200 (or equivalent) yoga teachers
- Pilates teachers, personal trainers, strength & conditioning coaches, physiotherapists, soft tissue therapists or equivalent.
“Sarah’s enthusiasm for what she does is infectious. I come away from every session feeling inspired, wanting to learn more & keen to pass on my knowledge for the benefit of others. For anyone with an interest in Yoga for Sport, this course is a must.”
Sheila McVitty Registered Yoga Teacher, Everton Football Club
”Sarah’s vast knowledge, expertise & experience in the area are very evident. I was able to take the principles & techniques learned on the course & implement them into my daily sessions with players from day one.”
Robert Fox, Academy Srength & Conditioning Coach, Stoke City FC
Practical functional anatomy, teaching to avoid injury & dealing with the injuries people already have
A 60 hour 3 long-weekend course. Yoga Alliance Professionals Further Training accredited.
October, November & December 2020 (Friday pm, Sat & Sun)
Based Chester (easy road access & 2 hour direct access from London)
- Forget the fancy stuff, this is the functional anatomy you really, really need as a yoga teacher.
- Understand what we mean by good movement - what is appropriate flexibility, normal stability - and how you can assess them!
- Learn what is OK in how we move, and what is not OK.
- Understand the common yoga-injury list and how to teach to avoid injuring others.
- Learn about the common injuries people have and standard rehab, and how you can help
- Plus the actually helpful fancy stuff! How fascia changes our approach to flexibiltiy; breath and stability; tensegrity not rigidity.
- Practical, lots of hands-on, lots of Q&A, and lots of fun.You will be a better teacher!
- Yoga teachers
- Personal trainers, pilates teachers and other movement teachers
"Fantastic and inspirational course which took my teaching AND learning to a new level of understanding. The detail is incredible, providing vital knowledge about anatomy and how the body works...If you're interested in becoming a better Yoga teacher this course is fantastic! "
Wil Hesketh, Registered Yoga Teacher
"Hugely recommended! This course takes your training and understanding of the body, its movements, restrictions, injuries and how to assist someone to the next level. The course gives you more confidence to question what is happening with an individual and how to help them."
Nicola Offord, Registered Yoga Teacher
An introduction to working with athletes for yoga teachers and other movement instructors.
For full details and booking click here
I'm really excited to be co-hosting this workshop with the wonderful Wil Hesketh of Open Minded Fitness Group
It's all about what's helpful, less helpful and down right dangerous for our musculoskeletal system within the Yoga repertoire. We're not trying to tell anyone what to teach, we're simply sharing information based on functional anatomy and science with the aim of developing the physical practice of Yoga to be as helpful as possible. As a teacher you can expect to gain a deeper knowledge of functional anatomy and learn to teach safer with more confidence.
It will be fun, practical and with lots of hands-on! Bring your thoughts, questions and ideas,
Full details and booking click here